Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Antenna Advice for Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT30

PixelDot
New User

Oct 29, 2012, 5:35 PM

Post #1 of 3 (5427 views)
Shortcut
Antenna Advice for Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT30 Can't Post

I recently purchased a Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT30.

I would like to be able to view the local stations (e.g. PBS). I am not using cable, only an internet connection to have access to services like Netflix. A friend suggested getting an antenna (or signal booster?). What kind of antenna should I be considering that would work with this Viera?

(This post was edited by PixelDot on Oct 29, 2012, 5:39 PM)

board repairs
User

Nov 1, 2012, 8:56 PM

Post #2 of 3 (5411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PixelDot] Antenna Advice for Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to : transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/ & enter your zip code to find what type of antenna would work best in your area . This website will help you determine the stations signal strength in your area . Hopefully u can use an outdoor antenna as they work the best . With rabbit ear antenna's you tend to fight to keep the channels from going in & out . If your renting or in an apartment & have to buy rabbit ears buy ones that r amplified . These will get you most channels but sometimes not all of them .
Good Luck !

Ron.M
Veteran

Nov 2, 2012, 8:20 PM

Post #3 of 3 (5406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PixelDot] Antenna Advice for Panasonic Viera TC-P50GT30 [In reply to] Can't Post

Board Repairs;...
Good to see you're still alive....Shocked...
How are you doing ????

PixelDot;....
Another good website that will give you about the same info as http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/ , but also gives you a map showing you where the station's transmitting antenna is located in reference to where your home is , is http://www.antennaweb.org/default.aspx ....

You can enter your zip code there also , but , you get better results if you go & enter your address...

Good Luck....Smile...

Later...Ron.M....Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)