Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Best Deal

Robroy
User

Jun 14, 2005, 7:49 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3495 views)
Shortcut
Best Deal Can't Post

What do you guys think is the best deal out there right now for Plasma (HDTV) TVs? I purchased the LG-DU42PX12X for $2800.00 which I think is a great value but I wish I would have gotten the Panasonic TH-42PX50U 42" Flat Panel HD-Ready Plasma TV. It is only a couple hundred dollars more and I think it has a better picture.

manamok
New User

Jun 17, 2005, 3:54 PM

Post #2 of 5 (3468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robroy] Best Deal [In reply to] Can't Post

I just bought the Sony KDE-50XS955 from HypeAudio for about $4500 - no shipping and no sales tax.

Robroy
User

Jun 18, 2005, 7:58 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [manamok] Best Deal [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you happy with it? I think the Sony Plasmas are way over priced. You could have gotten a much better Pioneer for the same amount of money I think?

manamok
New User

Jun 18, 2005, 11:03 PM

Post #4 of 5 (3443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Robroy] Best Deal [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm very pleased with the TV - always been a big fan of Sony and don't mind spending a couple of bucks more for a quality product. I've never had any trouble with any Sony product I've ever bought over the past 25 years except for one 27" console TV which blew a transformer in 1992 after 10 years of use.

Robroy
User

Jun 19, 2005, 6:25 AM

Post #5 of 5 (3432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [manamok] Best Deal [In reply to] Can't Post

Sony has made the best tube TVs for years, agreed, but unfortunately they have never done very well with their Plasma TVs. Panasonic Plasmas are much better and cheaper. The Pioneer Plasma for that matter is about the same price as the Sony but a hands down a better product. Sony is going to stop making Plasma TVs very soon and focus on LCD. Sony does make a nice LCD projection TV for the money if you can live with the mediocre picture that LCD projection TVs give you. Oh well, we all live and learn. I bought an LG, which is decent, but I wish I would have bought the Pani or Pioneer.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)