Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
DLP (??) or Plasma

chilekitty
New User

Aug 30, 2003, 9:52 PM

Post #1 of 3 (10993 views)
Shortcut
DLP (??) or Plasma Can't Post

In our search for plasma tvs, we came across a salesperson who was very hyped on DLP (digital light processing) televisions, in particular Samsung. Since I hadn't heard of DLP, I decided to do some checking on the internet for info and/or reviews. I found some info to let me know what it basically is but I was not able to find any reviews on this product.

Does anyone have one or have some helpful insight on DLPs?

If so, what about Plasma vs DLPs?

And which DLP or Plasma tvs are better?

Thanks for any info.

jresurf
New User

Nov 19, 2004, 2:59 AM

Post #2 of 3 (10196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chilekitty] DLP (??) or Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

I have spent the last 3 weeks seriously researching DLP, LCD Projection, and Plasma... I am putting a TV in a cut out over the fireplace in our new house being built. I Read all the reviews on the LCD and DLP and went to Best Buy and Circuit City twice. On my second visit to CC the sales guy says hey sit on the floor and look up at the LCD and DLP, so I did... To my surprise both tvs became very dark.... However the Plasma remained in pristine condition. Something no reviews or no sales person had mentioned before... Based on that I took my chances and ordered the new DELL W4200HD plasma TV. Ofcourse I know this is VERY new and no one has reviews out on it yet, but I have been very pleased with other purchases from dell and they have a great return poilicy. Also, it would have to really be terrrible for me to return an HD 42Inch Plasma for under 3200...
Thanks
J

(This post was edited by jresurf on Nov 19, 2004, 3:00 AM)

Church
New User

Nov 21, 2004, 7:10 AM

Post #3 of 3 (10160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jresurf] DLP (??) or Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

I just bought the W4200 at Dell also, I haven't gotten it yet but what I have read about it has been phenominal. The Con- A 10-15 day waiting periodMad Please hurry up Dell I want to see this TV so badCool

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)