DVI only shows movie full screen

innirvana1
New User

Jun 24, 2005, 2:01 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1422 views)
Shortcut
DVI only shows movie full screen Can't Post

Hello,
This is kind of a hard issue to explain. Everything seems to be working great with my plasma TV and my laptop. I can hook my laptop up to the plasma with a VGA cable or a DVI cable. I use a VGA connection and everything works fine (It shows the desktop and everything that is exactly on my laptop screen).

But, when I use the DVI connection, it shows everything on the desktop and everything on my laptop screen UNTIL a play a movie. When movie starts (even when it is only a small window and still showing most the desktop) the plasma tv flashes and then ONLY displays the movie. It will never show the rest of the desktop or anything else on the laptop screen, only the movie.

Also, when I'm going through a powerpoint presentation, it shows all the slides normally until it gets to a slide with an embedded movie. on the laptop it shows the whole slide, the title, the movie, the discriptive words below the movie, but on the plasma, it only shows the movie and forces the movie to be full screen (which actually really distorts the movie and makes the quality look terrible.

I've been trying to search this on the internet but can't really find anything at all.

thanks,

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)