Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Daewoo 42 inch plasma

srgrounds
New User

Oct 10, 2005, 5:34 PM

Post #1 of 6 (5082 views)
Shortcut
Daewoo 42 inch plasma Can't Post

Hello, i have a 42 inch daewoo plasma from sams club, ive had it for about three years now and its worked fine. Well until now, my son watched a dvd in the morning and it worked fine, now in the afternoon when i went to put tv on, it powers up but i only get half a green screen and the other half is black. This screen is the same for all modes, dvd, vid. 1,2,3 everything. Any help would be nice. Thank you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 10, 2005, 11:56 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [srgrounds] Daewoo 42 inch plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps your son has touched other buttons from the remote control. PIP button caused the split screen or it could be the aspect ratio button for instance. try it! if problems persist. un-plugged the entire unit.

denonjapan

made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 11, 2005, 12:11 AM)

srgrounds
New User

Oct 11, 2005, 2:28 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Daewoo 42 inch plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your response, i have tried these steps of yours and found no fix yet. Any more help would be great, or i will have a daewoo for sale for cheap! Thank you.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 14, 2005, 6:52 AM

Post #4 of 6 (5043 views)
Shortcut

Those basics steps I told you shouldn't occur the 2nd time, therefore your unit reached it's unpredictible lifespan.The brand is inconsistent of such duration as expected in PLASMAWORLD...which personally I wouldn't recommending you to put more money into trying to fix it....

In good conscience, pls don't incur anyone of your pain by re-selling it ( which ofcourse ! ) Im pretty sure for 3 years of your enjoyment and family surely you got what you paid for. Don't even think of TATUNG, MAXENT, or any GENERIC lines next time!

denonjapan

made in japan.

neven
New User

Feb 9, 2006, 9:48 PM

Post #5 of 6 (4833 views)
Shortcut

BlushHi everyone with Daewoo Plasma Problems!Blush

Daewoo customer support is joke! If you need help fixing or getting parts for your Plasma TV talk to do really helpful guy at plasmatech@gmail.com

srgrounds
New User

Feb 23, 2006, 11:30 PM

Post #6 of 6 (4789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [neven] Daewoo 42 inch plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Well i brought it in to a repair man and he couldnt get parts so i told him to keep it. Lesson learned. Wont be buying any plasmas any time soon till they all get it down pat.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)