Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Extended Warranty

EvEr35
New User

Nov 22, 2005, 1:21 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Extended Warranty Can't Post

Just bought a pioneer pdp5060. Funny thing is that local seller did not try sell me a extended warranty. I brought it up and he simply explained that extended warranties are not something they push on people but are available if I want one. He did not come out and directly say it was a waste of money but that is the impression I got.

With pioneer being...well...pioneer would you get one of these warranties. I don t mind spending the extra money, I just don t like throwing it away.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 27, 2005, 6:33 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1671 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EvEr35] Extended Warranty [In reply to] Can't Post

the choice is yours! WARRANTY on plasma tv I wouldn't recommend it!

denonjapan

made in japan

Nemesis
New User

Dec 27, 2005, 1:04 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EvEr35] Extended Warranty [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you in UK?

If so you don't need a warranty. The sale of goods and sevices act says that electrical goods must be in a fit state of use for 5 years UK except Scotland and 6 in Scotland. This covers all product faults for which the retailer is responsible for the full 5 years. It does not cover accidental damage of self induced faults, but your home insurance may cover this. These warranties have always been a waste of time and money as the reailer is responsible anyway. Although they will try and tell you different. Stick to your guns and speak to the manager ,they have to repair/replace or refund........its the law! Your contract is with the retailer thier contract is with the supplier whos is with the manufacturer. If they tell you to send it to the maker, or if over a year there is nothing they can do. Quote the law and stand firm. I had a 4 year old video replaced last year after only a little fuss. The law is the law.....end of!

Hope this helps.

(This post was edited by Nemesis on Dec 27, 2005, 1:07 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)