Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Gateway 42" Plasma

daggazz
New User

Oct 14, 2006, 2:36 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1732 views)
Shortcut
Gateway 42" Plasma Can't Post

My Gateway plasma stopped working, it now just scrolls the menu over an over. Gateway support no help. Anyone seen this or have parts. Gateway believes it is the image board or something called that.

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 14, 2006, 1:42 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daggazz] Gateway 42" Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

I Remember this Company when PLASMA technology was newly introduced, 5 years after, Most 42 inch sets runs around 10K. Suddenly! out of nowhere! GATEWAY introduces a screen for $3,000. Next after, they were DAEWOO, MAXENT, TATUNG, almost thought one of them was YUGO, when people asked. I Can't beleive this KOREANS. why would they put a name of their products over their kid's name, to fool millions of people. and the irony of it all is:> for some reasons, people get pixated,why pay more when you can get it less of thesame size right?..................................
Daggazz! don't mean no harm but I am blaming you on this one for being cheap. Well atleast you saved $6k worth of snack supplies while watching from it. didnt you? and I guessed that's defeated the purpose for spending more at the time. I Kinda understand!!!!!!!!!!!..........but know what? that was then! this is now!. LUCKY we came to witness you can get one half of that price you spent on GATEWAY and sorry to tell you 'It's OVER!...don't you dare shop of thesame place twice!!!..

denonjapan
made in japan

techchris
Veteran

Oct 14, 2006, 4:13 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [daggazz] Gateway 42" Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Dump it. this cheap stuff you can never get parts for

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 14, 2006, 10:57 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Gateway 42" Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

You're screwed bud. I just got done working for an "authorized" Gateway retailer and the plasma's, along with half of their consumer electronics line isn't serviceable by anyone other than Gateway.

Get ready for Very expensive shipping costs, a steep repair bill and long waits if this is out of warranty.

garr
New User

Oct 15, 2006, 12:56 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1710 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Gateway 42" Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say that daggazz asked for help on this, not a lecture about being cheap.I would offer a sevice manual or info on how to fix menu scroll problem if i had one. This can be fixed, if someone knows what needs replaced then give him the info not a lecture on being cheap.

MOtvGuy
User

Oct 15, 2006, 8:58 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garr] Gateway 42" Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I would say that daggazz asked for help on this, not a lecture about being cheap.I would offer a sevice manual or info on how to fix menu scroll problem if i had one. This can be fixed, if someone knows what needs replaced then give him the info not a lecture on being cheap.

Read what's been written. I'm in the business and previously worked for an "Authorized"
gateway repair station. His unit will only be repairable through Gateway. That means:

No manuals available
No parts available
No previous history to instruct the person as to whats wrong since no one other than Gateway will work on it.

Especially take note of denonjapans remarks. All those brands he listed are Plasma TV's much like the Gateway. Very low priced BUT NO SUPPORT! You couldn't get parts if you wanted to and if it was out of warranty it's back to the factory it goes for repair. Expensive shipping, expensive repairs and Loooong waits.

(This post was edited by MOtvGuy on Oct 15, 2006, 9:02 PM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 15, 2006, 11:50 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garr] Gateway 42" Plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Garr!..We have discussed this subject long time ago but any new individual who come along don't seem to TRY, finding the area of the discussion in reference to the answers they're seeking. In matter of plasma tv's dying age! ain't much to tell!...........You can get all the blue prints, blue book, parts list, you can venture every parts re-placing it. NO ONE SUCCEEDS!.... ONE LIFE ONLY!
What I've said DAGGAZ earlier is no form of lecture or insult. Always think about> as if how I MEANT it, and NOT how being written. DAGGAZ seems to understand my humor, why didn't you?

denonjapan
made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 15, 2006, 11:51 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)