Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Goodmans GTV42P4 - No Picture

davegriff74
New User

Mar 25, 2005, 6:49 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4002 views)
Shortcut
Goodmans GTV42P4 - No Picture Can't Post

I had the Goodmans GTV42P4 Plasma delivered this morning from Argos. Took about hour and half to set up the stand and speakers etc., Switched the darned thing on and there's no picture. Sound's coming through OK - I tried different scarts etc. but still no joy. Phoned the Goodmans helpline and guess what - they're closed for the next 4 days!!!

From reading the manual it looks like I should at least be able to see a menu - which I can't. Has anyone come across this problem - I'm assuming it's buggered.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Dave.

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 26, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davegriff74] Goodmans GTV42P4 - No Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

have it send it back to korea!

johngla
New User

Mar 27, 2005, 2:49 PM

Post #3 of 5 (3982 views)
Shortcut

Does it look like the screen is comming on at all? When you take the set out of standby you should hear a loud click, this is the high energy relay switching which provides power to the panel. If you don't hear this the panel isn't getting power.

If it is press the 'i' button on the menu. If you get a factory menu appear select factory reset. It should reset the colour settings back to default. You won't be able to get back in this menu after doing this. If you get this menu it means the set wasn't calibrated in the factory, not a major problem, they don't seem to get any. Don't change anything unless you've already written down the initial value.

Failing that you need to call argos, it's DOA (Dead On Arrival). They'll ship another one out to you fairly rapidly no question asked, DOA replacements normally get to jump the delivery queue.

davegriff74
New User

Mar 29, 2005, 9:10 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johngla] Goodmans GTV42P4 - No Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks guys - I got the sound to come on, but no picture - no noise either to make me think it's trying to come on.

Having it replaced by Argos!

gorygirl
New User

Jul 12, 2005, 9:29 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3626 views)
Shortcut

GTV42P4 , we have just bought the goodmans plasma , had it 2 days and now theres no picture !!!!!!!!!! , having to return the tv but after reading this forum im certanly not going to get it replaced , this is odviously a common fault . As they say u get what u pay for .

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)