Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP

Mossman
New User

Dec 29, 2004, 9:35 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1852 views)
Shortcut
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP Can't Post

Please can somebody help me. I have a 42" Samsung Plasma TV it will run composite fine through interlace however when i switch to progressive scan i can see very faint chequered lines or pixelation in different scenes of movies. I have tested 3 different progressive scan dvd players and they all produce the same results. I am really hoping it is the cables as i am only running a cheap $30 set of component cables although i dont want to outlay $200+ for a set of monster cables to find that it is ......shock horror arrrrrrgggggh my plasma although it was only bought 4 months ago and is still under warranty. Does anybody have any suggestions. I will post some pictures when i get home if that would help. I just want some help with this.

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 1, 2005, 1:33 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mossman] HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPP [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing wrong with your display! Just one simple solution: Make sure your dvd disc is spotless, scratchless all the time. faint checkered lines or pixelization sometimes causes the player to jitter from error reading and that's delay the processing! if the player forced to read a fingerprinted disc will go through pixelization and sometimes get stucked. Also, bootlegs DVD's , homemade computer recorded discs often have thesame problem to pixelization. In short, It's from the material we view!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)