Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Help! REVOX Set Up Problem

revoxer
New User

Sep 7, 2005, 5:54 AM

Post #1 of 5 (2792 views)
Shortcut
Help! REVOX Set Up Problem Can't Post

I'll spare the long story but I have had a Revox e542 42" plasma monitor with "interface" forced into my life. Hooked up home theater/DVD with sound although the color is all red but I think we can handle that. My problem: I currently have analog/basic cable (again this thing just fell into my lap without my choosing it) and absolutely no idea how to hook it up to the "interface machine". There does not seem to be an input comparable to the cable plug.

I have searched the net for DAYS and have found only scraps of info- The manuf. site is USELESS (They are Swiss based).

I do know this-- I have a CVS input (?) on the interface. Anybody with a manual or any knowledge of this product would be most appreciated.

You're my only hope before I call in an install team. (I've already been through 2 companies who won't assist because they've never heard of Revox and don't want to be responsible).

(This post was edited by revoxer on Sep 7, 2005, 5:54 AM)

denonjapan
Veteran

Sep 8, 2005, 12:30 AM

Post #2 of 5 (2783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [revoxer] Help! REVOX Set Up Problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Revox e542 42 I am familiar with this Plasma and it's the slimmest plasma in the world. Exactly 2 inches in thicked. The only Plasma model by REVOX in 42 inch ( i think!) Redness color is cause by mis-color code when you connect the COMPONENT cable. Either it's loose or mis-coding on cable.

The display has native resolution of 853 x 480 therefore ANALOG output isn't ideal (yellow RCA ). If your receiver ( from Basic CABLE ) has atleast S-VIDEO out / then I would recommend you to connect it that way. Get a better RECEIVER and hook your signal. but make sure you have COMPONENT OUT!

denonjapan

made in japan

Robroy
User

Sep 8, 2005, 3:16 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2780 views)
Shortcut

Let me ask a few questions:

What types of input does the TV have? It should have component (3 RCA jacks: red, blue, green), maybe an RGB (computer), S-Video and maybe DVI or HDMI. If you don't know what those inputs are go to a video store and ask the salesman to show you examples of each.

You state "cable plug" are you trying to hook the cable directly into the TV or do you have a cable box? Like Denonjapan said you need a cable box (receiver) with component, DVI or HDMI out to get the best picture from your plasma. It sounds like you need to call your cable company and upgrade to digital cable. Does your TV have HDTV capabilities? If so you might want to ask for an HDTV cable box from your cable company.

fash_rvt
New User

Nov 5, 2005, 12:34 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2725 views)
Shortcut

Revoxer! I've the same problem. If you find any information, please say something.

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 6, 2005, 9:53 AM

Post #5 of 5 (2718 views)
Shortcut

That INTERFACE you mentioned is your Plasma's best choice when you hook the intended REVOX MEDIA RECEIVER. Other than that, you have to use other input available from your plasma to be with use with NON-REVOX MEDIA Receiver.

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)