Hitachi 42" 42HDS69 turns off

zlrig
New User

Jul 3, 2015, 3:30 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1881 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi 42" 42HDS69 turns off Can't Post

Hi
I have a Hitachi 42" 42HDS69 Plasma TV that randomly goes off.
When this happens, there are no led's lit on the front of the tv. If I cycle the main power switch, the tv will fire up again and my work for quite some time. By some time, I mean for hours or the duration of a movie. It may do it within the first five minutes of turning it on or after an hour some times. It appears random.
Here's what I have tried;
I replaced the large high voltage caps on the power supply board.
I also checked the other smaller ones with a cap tester, all seem to be in tolerance. none are bulging or leaking either.
Reflowed any questionable solder joints on the power supply board. Checked all High current device connections for cold solder joints.
Found that when the unit shuts down, I still have the standby 5 volts and 3.3 volts on the power supply board.
I tried running a heat gun around on the boards trying to get it to fail, It never turned off.
The other boards caps all look ok and since the TV picture is fine when it is running, I do not suspect any other high voltage boards. (i.e.; Y-sus, Z-sus boards)
I am thinking my problem is on the main control board possibly. Since the LSI controls the TV functions and the power supply this may be where the problem is.
I added a heat sink to the main LSI chip to help with cooling. This did not appear to help and it runs hot but not real hot.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! John B

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)