Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Hitachi Plazma Buyer beware

pezzs
New User

Jan 21, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1901 views)
Shortcut
Hitachi Plazma Buyer beware Can't Post

I purchased the new Cinform 55 inch, It has got to be the worst plazma tv I have ever see. Being new to the plazma tvs and listening to the sales guys I purchased the hitachi in hopes for the best picture. Once getting it home, I was just amazed that a tv that cost $6100 CND could have such a crapy picture. I played around with it for 3 weeks to see if the settings would help. No matter what i did on all inputs the picture colour were washed and the tv was usualy out of focus. Sitting at a 90 angle was bearable to watch but sit on the couch at a 60 degee angle and the picture became more out of focus. Compare for your self, look at the reds they are orange, look at the blacks they are grey look at the clearness it is grainy with tones of ghosting.Better yet look at the screen at a 10 degee angle and its just washed colours with a slight hint of picture. Now that being said, input quality has a lot to do with the actual picture quality. I returned the 55 cinform for the pdp50 Pioneer and I have never been so happy, it cost $200 more and 20% less viewing area but it was worth it. Even with a crapy input like cable the pioneer looks like a million bucks. Put on a DVD with upscaling to 1080i and enjoy the 3d depth in the screen. With star wars you are in the battle. Look at the black they are black, look at the reds they are red. Look at the the picture sitting at a 10 degree angle it is crystal clear. Some would say that a lot has to do with the 20% reduction but I will put the Pioneers 61 up against it any day. I should note that I have a 10 year old 55 inch rear projection Hitachi tv and it has been great but Hitachi your plazmas are crap!

Pezzs

D2X
New User

Feb 6, 2006, 11:12 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pezzs] Hitachi Plazma Buyer beware [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Pezzs,

The Pioneer Elite 50" and the Hitachi 55" plasmas are the 2 I have boiled my decision to.

Thanks for the input, I'll have to go back to the Magnolia store and question them on the 2 a bit further and have them input different signals to make the comparison. I agree though that the Elite has a more vivid picture but yet I was drawn to the Hitachi 55 for the size and somewhat good picture quality I was viewing at the time.

I assume that the Hitachi displayed/performed well at the store, hence your decision to purchase it. Was the TV you actually purchased malfunctioning or defective?

Thanks for you advice. I haven't purchased either yet since i'm still tossing back and fourth between the 2. At my local store, the 50 elite is the same price as the 55 Director Series Hitachi.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)