Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
I need some suggestion about the broken Philips Plasma TV

waytousa
New User

Aug 28, 2005, 9:20 PM

Post #1 of 6 (2293 views)
Shortcut
I need some suggestion about the broken Philips Plasma TV Can't Post

I got this Philips 32FD9954 32" Plasma TV in May of 2004. Seldom used it, I believe it only had less than 100 hours of powered-on. And it went black in June of this year, unfortunately it was out of warranty, even though just one month. Talked with Philips Customer Server several times and they refused to do anything. So I sent this unit to local Philips Authorized Service Center for estimate. After almost 1 month of painful waiting, the result came as: "Total control module is damaged, the price for replacing it is $1460, and this is not the major problem, the main problem is the screen is dead and need to be replaced."

I am furious after hearing the result, this stupid TV cost me more than $3000, and I used it so few and it was totally gone only after 1 year. I plan to file a complaint to BBB, but are there any other suggestions that you guy think would be helpful to reduce my losses?

I really appreciate any feedbacks.

Thanks.

denonjapan
Veteran

Aug 28, 2005, 11:32 PM

Post #2 of 6 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waytousa] I need some suggestion about the broken Philips Plasma TV [In reply to] Can't Post

if you heard the principle of FLOURESCENT LIGHTs similar application to all PLASMA TV. > that would be the answer!. / it's NOBODY's FAULT ! It's the REALITY! The fact that PHILLIPS are assembled in BELGIUM and some in GERMANY (if im not wrong! ) are likely no more appenhensive to your situation and we're talking about "out of warranty situation here". Control module or glass screen are totally intact. there's no way you could separate the two to replace the damage part.....Let's say: "even if your warrantly still applies up to this date and Phillips agrees to fix the problem? It's most definitely not TRUE!. They're not fixing your damage display, they will replace it a BRAND NEW ONE!.

You can only fight your battles over BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU Only when those warranty still fresh! "IT IS WHAT IT IS".

Move on! Avoid Phillips next time!

Nalimar
New User

Aug 31, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waytousa] I need some suggestion about the broken Philips Plasma TV [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like you'v gotten a bum deal. I have a 20" Philips CRT TV that I bought for my wife and the close caption comes on everytime you turn on the tv. I willl 'never' buy phillips products again. If your thinking about buying another brand entirely, I might can save you a lot of money. Let me know if your interested. nalimar-inc@comcast.net

waytousa
New User

Sep 15, 2005, 2:28 PM

Post #4 of 6 (2209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nalimar] I need some suggestion about the broken Philips Plasma TV [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks all for the feedback. I fighted with Philips for another several weeks. Finally they agreed to cover all the part and I only need to pay the labor. So I think this is NOT bad considering legally the warranty is expired and they have to no obligation to fix it.

Rick Vollgatter
New User

Jan 10, 2006, 10:33 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nalimar] I need some suggestion about the broken Philips Plasma TV [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It sounds like you'v gotten a bum deal. I have a 20" Philips CRT TV that I bought for my wife and the close caption comes on everytime you turn on the tv. I willl 'never' buy phillips products again. If your thinking about buying another brand entirely, I might can save you a lot of money. Let me know if your interested. nalimar-inc@comcast.net

Hi,

I have the same problem with this 32 inch model (9954). You have to click more than 30 times on and off before the screen will display images. After the TV displays images it will start at the first click. The TV is out of warranty now. It's 18 months old. Would someone know how to get the power supply repaired? I will try to do it myself instead of wasting money at the service centres. Would someone have any ideas or repair manuals for this model. If you have a model for a 32FD9944/01, that will work too. They are the same I found out.

Thanks,

Rick

plasmamaster
New User

Jan 11, 2006, 2:38 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1867 views)
Shortcut

Common problem with Philips Plasma TVs is power supply module.

This guy will answer all your questions and solve all your problems.

Contact email: plasmatech@gmail.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)