Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
I'm a total novice...

sparky
New User

Jun 29, 2005, 1:58 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1815 views)
Shortcut
I'm a total novice... Can't Post

I have a 42" Samsung SPP4251 EDTV. I'm trying to get the best picture quality possible from the TV. Any recommendations? I purchased an RCA HDTV DirecTV receiver. I also have a Monster Clean Power surge protector, with all my connections running through that. Can I use the DVI-D connection? Would that help with the picture quality? When I hook up the TV with the DVI cable the picture doesn't really come in. The picture is all bright colors and the picture is unwatchable. Right now I am connecting the TV to the HDTV receiver with a Monster Cable S-Video cable. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bursma
User

Jun 29, 2005, 1:36 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sparky] I'm a total novice... [In reply to] Can't Post

Your S video connection is actually an analog connection, not a digital connection. To get the best quallity, you would want to go all digital, which would mean using the DVI cord.

You say the color is really bright? Hmmm... I am not sure why that would be. Have you tried turning down the brightness once you have the cord pluged in? Try that. Hopefully it's not a problem with your digital input on your TV.

sparky
New User

Jun 30, 2005, 12:32 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bursma] I'm a total novice... [In reply to] Can't Post

What I mean by the colors being screwed is that when I switch it to DVI the picture comes in like it's in tie-dye. The colors are real vivid and the picture is unwatchable. Any ideas? Do I need to subscribe to Directv HD service for the DVI to work?

Robroy
User

Jun 30, 2005, 3:14 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1793 views)
Shortcut

Have you tried the component video cables? They actualy look better than DVI on my set. A standard feed will look crappy on your TV, and while you only have an EDTV so you will never get to see true HD, but an HD feed would still look much better on your EDTV set.

Bursma
User

Jun 30, 2005, 12:32 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1792 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
What I mean by the colors being screwed is that when I switch it to DVI the picture comes in like it's in tie-dye. The colors are real vivid and the picture is unwatchable. Any ideas? Do I need to subscribe to Directv HD service for the DVI to work?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)