Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
LG 42PX3RVC 106cm - Problem?

joltz
New User

Feb 15, 2006, 7:00 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1791 views)
Shortcut
LG 42PX3RVC 106cm - Problem? Can't Post

I just bought my new tv a couple of weeks ago. Ive started to notice a couple of weird problems with it, which i was hoping I could get some feedback.

Ok, 1st problem.

Sound.
My plasma is hooked up to a digital cable set top, its connected via the aerial. When I try and change the volume on the tv, it shows the level volume moving but there is no change of the volume, the volume still stays on at the same level, even when i press mute. However if I use the settop box to change the volume, the volume then changes.

Problem 2.
Sometimes after a while watching tv through the set top box, or even when my pc is conected to it via SVIDEO, my screen flickers for a couple of seconds and teh screen goes black, if the plasma is set to the tv, i can still hear it but cannot see it, if its on svideo it brings up a message saying, "No Source".

Problem 3.
Sometimes when watching cable, and i change to svideo, i still get sound from the channel i was on, it only goes away when i press mute on the digital set top, even if the tv is on mute.

Problem 4.
Sometimes when problem 2 occurs, i turn my tv off and then on and it works fine, other times, it seems to try and show a image and it flickers alot but then nothing, i leave the tv off for a little while and turn it back on and it seems fine.

Any idea whats going on? Should i return the tv for repair? Can anything else solve this problem?
I have tried to tune in the cable set top box via a video input to no avail.

Thanks for any help!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)