Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
LG Plasma 60PZ550-UA delayed screen display when turned on

ldowney
New User

Feb 11, 2013, 2:18 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2087 views)
Shortcut
LG Plasma 60PZ550-UA delayed screen display when turned on Can't Post

Hey guys. I have owned a LG PLASMA 60PZ550 for 14 months now. Bought new from HH Gregg. Over the past month, when the TV has been off for more than 30 minutes, when you first turn on the power, it takes anywhere between 10 seconds and 8 minutes for the picture to come on and display video. It all depends on how long the TV has been off on how long it takes for the video to return. Example- if the TV has been off all night, it could take 5-8 minutes before the screen comes on. Once the TV has been on a while, you can turn it off and back on with no problems. Sound is heard through the tv speakers but no picture when this occurs.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? Will it get worse? There are several parts for this specific TV on ebay. If a part needs to be replaced are there videos or instruction on how to do so?

Thanks guys for the advice.

(This post was edited by ldowney on Feb 11, 2013, 2:19 AM)

ldowney
New User

Feb 12, 2013, 6:55 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2064 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ldowney] LG Plasma 60PZ550-UA delayed screen display when turned on [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I certainly thought I would have got at least one reply by now. Oh well. Must not be any tech guys on here reviewing posts.

Anyway, here's an update to my issue. I called LG customer support and although my TV is nearly 4 months out of warranty, they extended my warranty to 2 years at no cost to me. They are sending a TV repair technician to my home later this week to fix the problem. BIG THUMBS UP TO LG for that.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)