Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
New to Panasonic and Veira/ARC

newtoplasma
New User

Dec 20, 2011, 9:38 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1744 views)
Shortcut
New to Panasonic and Veira/ARC Can't Post

Hey guys, im new to the site and new to the whole plasma and surround sound and ARC, so please excuse me if I sound a bit stupid.

I recently got a Panasonic TC - P50C2 and a Panasonic SC-XH150. Both are Veira compatible.

The problem im having is connecting my plasma to the surround sound system. I have tried the HDMI cable on the HDMI port labeled ARC and have all the proper connections as far as the speakers to the back of the receiver. I thought that I needed an optical cable, so i go and buy a cable and on top of that I have no clue how to connect the damn cable. I push it in and it seems like it doesnt go in all the way, there is no click or sound letting me know that its in. It just hangs there, does it just need to be in contact with the red light? Like I saw the other end of it and i can see a red light, is that enough for it to receive the signal?

Also on this tv there isnt an option to set the audio out, as a matter of fact all the connections on the back of the tv say IN. Am i totally screwed or am I missing one small thing from letting me hear my new surround sound.

Thanks alot guys for your help because im just about to return this and break some glass in the back yard from frustration but i have faith someone on here has a solution. Thanks alots guys!

techchris
Veteran

Dec 21, 2011, 12:34 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [newtoplasma] New to Panasonic and Veira/ARC [In reply to] Can't Post

in the menu, select viera link and set speaker selection to home cinema. it should auto switch the surround system on when you put the tv on

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)