Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Newb buying a plasma

mipac
New User

Apr 10, 2006, 1:32 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Newb buying a plasma Can't Post

Hi everyone, im new to this, all our TV's our REALLY old and we think its finally time to upgrade. Now i am looking to buy a decent plasma that will run Blu-Ray, HDDVD etc well, i know that there was some technology in older plasma's (HDMI i think) that the older ones didnt have and that is needed to play Bluray, etc. I also know we are definetely getting a PS3, and that it runs at 1080i and 1080p. Now the tv im looking at has 1080i support, but no 1080p - is this something to be concerned about? I also really need this tv to last as we dont want to turn around in two years and buy another one.

This is the tv I am looking at (AUS$)

http://www.dse.com.au/...3/Product/View/G4299

So what do you guys think? All the help you can give is really appreciated as im new to this area. Thanks HEAPS

techchris
Veteran

Apr 10, 2006, 3:20 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mipac] Newb buying a plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

plasma is yesterdays technology. look at the panasonic lcd tv's first

mipac
New User

Apr 11, 2006, 12:37 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Newb buying a plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I would, but they are way too expensive to get a screen the same size as this plasma, also does anyone know if i can hook my laptop up to this? I know my laptop has the outputs, dunno about the tv if it has the correct inputs.

adamo0926
New User

Apr 21, 2006, 4:51 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mipac] Newb buying a plasma [In reply to] Can't Post

From my research...LCD flat panels do not have the black levels of plasma (which can have their own issues) and they also can have problems with ghosting if you watch a lot of live action sports. Plasma may be "yesterday's technology" but it's still better from what I have read.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)