Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Newb to this stuff

reefguy32
New User

Jan 3, 2006, 8:28 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Newb to this stuff Can't Post

Ok I really had no idea there was so much to learn about these tv's before I bought one. So be gentle... I just went out and bought a Maxent MX-42VM11 Plasma EDTV, and a cheap Insignia home theater system. Im on a bugget, I got the tv and theater system for 1300 bucks from Best buy so though I couldnt go wrong. So here is a list of things I would like help on please if anyone could. 1. I dont see where you can plug in your cable wire to the TV, am guessing I will need to use a vcr, if so how do I do that? 2. Is it safe to play video games on this tv? 3. I been reading about S-video, Composite Video, and analog video which I assume those are the regular red, white, and yellow jacks included in the home theater system, which should I use and why? 4. This Tv has different viewing ratios, 16:9, 4:3, Panorama, Zoom 1 and 2, what should I have this on or does it not matter? 5. This space ill save for more questions later... Smile Now I warned you im new and from my questions im sure you can tell, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 6, 2006, 5:06 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [reefguy32] Newb to this stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

Reefguy! these are the types of conversation that would take me a moment to think a definitive answers that others hope not to repeat itself.....I understand your post being new to this but I have never known anyone went buy everything you think you need and when you got home doesn't have no idea where to start?..........I am returning a question to you a simple "WHY???????????? What happenned to the salesman who's responsible to all your concern before went ahead and bought it?.

Reef! You must have atleast one friend that can help you before this forum. C'monnn!..........

denonjapan

made in japan

reefguy32
New User

Jan 7, 2006, 11:47 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1536 views)
Shortcut

One question for you, why reply to this at all if you have no intention on answering my questions? If your not here to help people why are you here if all want to do is add sarcasim to someones post. But whatever ill find help elsewhere as im sure there is someone who will aanswer my questions.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 8, 2006, 9:22 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1533 views)
Shortcut

No Reefguy! the point to the matter is: Yet! there's no struggle in your part seeking an advice. What I advice you need when you have no idea to begin with, even if someone tells you? You understand what I mean right? and this is not sarcastic!....

if you can't differ between component and composite, Trust me! You will be coming back with signal problem. do I make sense to you Now?

They say "same feathers flock together" I think I was wrong to suggest a friend. Crazy Your case? Better of! hire an installer

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)