Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic 7 blinking red lights

OMD
New User

Jun 1, 2011, 4:14 AM

Post #1 of 1 (3055 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic 7 blinking red lights Can't Post

My 50 inch panasonic TCP50x1 has the red light blinking 7 times and wont turn on, it clicks to turn on, then turns back off and the light blinks 7 times. This happened in the past last year, and we unplugged from the surge protector and into the regular wall and it worked again. This time no such luck. It has not worked in a few days after repeated attempts. Called Panasonic they just said take it in to be repaired at our own expense (warranty expired, and they wont fix even tho the problem was reported before the warranty expired) Repair shop said they cant give us any idea what kind of expenses/repair to expect till after we pay them $120 just to look at it. (Tho I am sure they know exactly what is wrong from the blinking light)
Does anyone know about how much this will cost to fix? if its something you can do yourself? Or should I just buy a new tv? I dont want to spend $120 just to find out the tv is trash, but at the same time, if it can be fixed for a reasonable price, I'll put the $ into it.
I was very pleased with the TV until this, so if I get a new tv, I am considering buying another panasonic, but have cold feet now after the way customer service handled the situation.

Thanks, Stephanie

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)