Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic Plasma problems...

thrillsoft
New User

Jul 9, 2006, 5:30 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2230 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic Plasma problems... Can't Post

I have a couple questions regarding two of my plasma TV's. Perhaps they should be posted in separate threads, but I'm not sure. We bought both of them at the same time (13 months ago, so just out of warranty). The first one is a TH-42PX25. About a week ago, when playing DVDs (or even the main DVD screen with no DVD in the player), the picture is HORRIBLE. There are red splinters all throughout the picture and the colors are all messed up. That's really the best that I can describe it. Its just short of "snow" these red spinters that I'm talking about. This does not happen with the picture coming from the cable box (using component inputs). If I use these same component inputs connected to a DVD player (I've tested this with both DVD players that we have) I still get the messed up picture. Through experimenting with the cable box settings, if I change the output format from the digital cable box to various formats such as 480i, 480p or 720p, sometimes I see the same thing in the cable picture as well, but playing around with them again makes it disappear and it doesn't always work to re-create the problem on the cable box. Its just hit or miss as I'm playing with the settings. But it always displays badly from the DVD source. Any ideas what this is or what caused it to start working like that?
Also, I have a Panasonic TH-50PHD7 Display. On this one about a month ago I started noticing very faint pinkish horizontal lines that would move up the screen noticable only in dark scenes. There are several of these faint lines that move up the screen and some are only an inch or so wide while others are several inches wide. If I'm looking at something that is completely black (such as credits screen or something) they don't show up at all. Seems to be more in the grey scenes or areas of the picture that you can see them very clearly. Any idea of what could be causing this and how to get rid of it?

denonjapan
Veteran

Jul 13, 2006, 5:07 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thrillsoft] Panasonic Plasma problems... [In reply to] Can't Post

The first one is a TH-42PX25, Im guessing the problem would be your cables. (component). There's no such thing of a sudden disappearance by playing around and connecting thru your cable box and then re-create same problem like the DVD player does. Same goes with the Panasonic TH-50PHD7. Both are receiving statics. Either electrical or poor quality of cable used....Attach those ferrite cores to your power lines including the display's power cable, you may also re-locate the position of your displays. Slight adjustment (position) do matter big when it comes to static problem.

denonjapan
made in japan

thrillsoft
New User

Jul 13, 2006, 2:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Panasonic Plasma problems... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The first one is a TH-42PX25, Im guessing the problem would be your cables. (component). There's no such thing of a sudden disappearance by playing around and connecting thru your cable box and then re-create same problem like the DVD player does. Same goes with the Panasonic TH-50PHD7. Both are receiving statics. Either electrical or poor quality of cable used....Attach those ferrite cores to your power lines including the display's power cable, you may also re-locate the position of your displays. Slight adjustment (position) do matter big when it comes to static problem.

denonjapan
made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)