Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TH-42PD50U Text Quality?

Snowy
New User

Jan 30, 2006, 12:34 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1380 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH-42PD50U Text Quality? Can't Post

So, I have a question about the picture quality on these televisions and was hoping folks could help me out.

I went down to my local Best Buy ready to purchase a Panasonic 42" EDTV Plasma... I kept hearing and reading great reviews for this model and, when I saw Best Buy was offering a no interest until 2009 offer, I figured I'd finally take the plunge and buy it. Aside from the aweful (i.e., non-existent customer service), I happened to take a close look at the sample video they were running through the screens. It was some sort of "Discovery Channel HD" video or something -- at least that's what it said at the bottom right of the screen. Lots of nature shots, sea otters, penguins, etc.

Well, when I looked at the screen, the Discovery Channel logo on the bottom right was very "blocky." I mean, the pixels seemed so large and so obvious... What struck me as odd was it looked pretty much the same way on the HDTV version of the Panasonic 42", but it was virtually non-existent on a 37" Westinghouse HDTV LCD. Is this normal, or does this sound like it may be an issue with bad cables or something? If it is cables, what kind of cables would you recommend? (I have component cables that cost around $40, but I can't recall the brand.)

Thanks tons! ~Snowy

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 1, 2006, 7:27 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Snowy] Panasonic TH-42PD50U Text Quality? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes! it's basically the distribution signals brought by some, look better than other's. Im not surprized the LCD looks better cause it might connected with few other displays from a strip. And remember! if you have an access of the remote control beleive me! Also, The panasonic consumer displays can outlead other professional displays. Have you seen the Panasonic professional?.Those I would suggest!

denonjapan

made in japan

Snowy
New User

Feb 1, 2006, 3:19 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Panasonic TH-42PD50U Text Quality? [In reply to] Can't Post

Denonjapan,

Thanks for the reply. I hoped it was something with the signal. I couldn't believe that one of "the best" plasmas would have such bad picture quality.

Thanks again, ~Snowy.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)