Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK vs. 7UY?

marcva
New User

Sep 1, 2005, 2:26 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2329 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK vs. 7UY? Can't Post

I've been on the fence about buying a Plasma screen (Price sensitive like others, plus my 35" Proscan is doing OK. I've been watching the Panasonic TH-42HD7UY, hoping for price point reductions (guess my magic number is $2000-$2500 installed).

It appears that Panasonic has shifted model years. Anyone on the forum have a detailed sense for the upgrades in the new model year? It appears that the standard input options have expanded. Any updates to the panel itself?

Also, has anyone heard if the $500 price drop that Panasonic announced for their consumer line will trickle down to the Pro line products as well? That could reduce the price arbitrage (though I still don't need a tuner or speakers).

Thanks,

Marc

Wolf Child
New User

Sep 30, 2005, 10:23 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marcva] Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK vs. 7UY? [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to this web site: www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com and look for the reviews on the 7UY or 8UK (there are insignificant differences)

By the way the 7UY is a commercial TV and it has been turned into the PX50U seriese for consumers.

Supposedly these all have double the life (60,000 half life) and better burn in reduction technology than the previous generation Pani

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)