Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TH50PX500U and some other things

turnyq
New User

Nov 25, 2005, 3:16 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1984 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH50PX500U and some other things Can't Post

Hi - I'm new here and have been killing myself researching plasma tv's. I was interested in getting the TH-50PX500U because I could get a really good discount. However, I could never find it in a store. Only the 50U model. I won't consider the 50U because of the lack of extras it doesn't have when compared to the 500U. Then I go to Best Buy and the guy is pumping me up on the Pioneer. It really looked good, but it was selling for $5999. More than I wanted to spend. The Samsung looked good and had some great options. Pretty much everything I was looking for. However, I read some reviews where people weren't satisfied with it and ended up returning it for the Panasonic. So, I go to make my order directly through Panasonic and she tells me they are back ordered so far back that it would take a couple months for me to get it. She also said they are coming out with a new model in the 50 inches in March. I guess I wanted to know a couple things.

1. Does anyone know what the new 50in. Panasonic Plasma will have in March? 1080P?? Any new features/upgrades?

2. Any thoughts, experiences, comments on the Samsung HPR5052

3. Any thoughts, experiences, comments on the HP PL5000N? Pretty much the same as the Panasonic 50in 500U model.

4. Finally how important is Contrast Ratio? Panasonic is only 3000:1, while the Samsung is 10000:1 and yet everyone talks so highly about Panasonic.

Thanks for any feedback anyone can provide.

Rich

(This post was edited by turnyq on Nov 25, 2005, 3:17 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)