Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TH50PX50U Just, Zoom, Normal Modes

bobo95110
New User

Jun 18, 2005, 2:24 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH50PX50U Just, Zoom, Normal Modes Can't Post

I just purchased a Panasonic TH50PX50U Plasma TV. Hooked it up to my Direct TV Sat. box. The Aspect ratio on the TH50PX50U remote control does not work for Just, Zoom, Normal, etc. Called Panasonic and they said that if you hook up a Sat. box before the TH50PX50U, these functions will not work. I find that hard to believe, because why would Panasonic offer the Just, Zoom, and Normal aspect control functions if an "upstream" satellite box is hooked up in the majority of home owners. Panasonic said that I have to use the aspect controls found in the Direct TV satellite box. The Direct TV Satellite box only has 4:3 and 16:9 aspect adjustments and the Just, Zoom, and Normal controls on the TH50PX50U still do not function. Panasonic indicated that this is not a malfunction. Can anybody shed some light on this situation ?

Robroy
User

Jun 18, 2005, 6:05 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bobo95110] Panasonic TH50PX50U Just, Zoom, Normal Modes [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes this is normal, I have an LG Plasma and mine is the same way. I guess when you hook up a Sat Box then that signal can't be modified much more that it already has been. It sounds like you need to get a better STB.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)