Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Panasonic TH50PZ700 A/V cable problem

mortstiff
New User

Jan 6, 2011, 3:37 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Panasonic TH50PZ700 A/V cable problem Can't Post

Great TV, blah blah. Just purchased a device that requires a composite A/V cable. When I tried to plug the three jacks into the appropriate plugs on the front bottom of the TV, the red and white jacks went in the plugs with no problem. The yellow jack, however, will not fit into the plug. I've tried this with two different cables, and none of the jacks will go all the way in the yellow plug. I can stick it in about 1/3 of the way, but it clearly isn't plugged all the way. There is something inside the hole that is blocking the jack. Using a flashlight, there appears to be a black plastic surrounding the hole that doesn't appear in the other two plugs (white and red), thus making the hole smaller in diameter. This seems really bizarre to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. <br>

(This post was edited by mortstiff on Jan 6, 2011, 3:39 AM)

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 6, 2011, 8:43 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1280 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mortstiff] Panasonic TH50PZ700 A/V cable problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Try a different set of A/V Inputs on the TV. I presume either end of the video (yellow) wire plus into the "device" O.K.

-------------------------

mortstiff
New User

Jan 6, 2011, 2:45 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Panasonic TH50PZ700 A/V cable problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried a different set - same thing. I had a WD media player connected by the same cable and when I unplugged it to install the new device I found the yellow cable wasn't all the way in the hole, yet the media player worked okay. I can't remember if the TV came with a composite cable, but I can't find one - maybe there is a different cable for that TV, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Ron.M
Veteran

Jan 6, 2011, 8:08 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mortstiff] Panasonic TH50PZ700 A/V cable problem [In reply to] Can't Post

mortstiff;.....

What would make sense to me is that "possibly" the connector on the TV has something inside that is defective OR something broke off a previous cable & is lodged in there...
OR the connector on the TV IS defective & "may" need replacement.....
TVs don't come with ANY cables....

GOOD LUCK.....Sly.....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)