Pansonic 65"

sunbrunt
New User

Dec 26, 2005, 8:52 AM

Post #1 of 1 (1507 views)
Shortcut
Pansonic 65" Can't Post

Hello all,

The New Year is here and so is company yearend, which means bonus for me and my partner!

We thought about getting Plasma TV’s this year and here are the items that I compiled.

Can you folks help me on a couple of things?

1. Any problems with the Panasonic 65”, I wanted the biggest, so when I replace my big screen 55”, so I don’t feel cheated.

2. I have a pretty good A/V system Denon AVR-3806 and Bose 5.1 system, HD Direct TV Stat box, DVD player, and a soon Xbox 360 when they become more available. I don’t need the tuner or the speakers, but my partner only has a Tivo Direct TV Stat Box, and a DVD player. She does not want to upgrade to an AV and 5.1 speakers. So she will need the optional speakers. Please look at the items bellow and tell me if I configured the two systems correctly?

3. Am I correct by saying if I want the second component Video Terminal TY-42TM6Z, that I will need to toss out the original composite Video Terminal that’s located in slot two?

Monitor

2 Panasonic TH-65PHD8K Plasma TV TH-65PHD8U
1 Plasma TV Speakers 65PHD Model
1 HDMI Terminal TY-FB7HM (connect this to my Denon)
1 RCA Component Video Terminal TY-42TM6Z (this will give her a total of two component inputs 1 for the DVD and one for her Tvio HD Direct TV Stat box)
2 Tilt Wall Mount

Cables
1 BNC TO RCA Component Video Cable (DVD player)
1 RCA TO RCA Component Video Cable (stat box)
1 HDMI TO HDMI Video Cable (for my system)
2 RCA TO RCA Audio Cable (for DVD and HD box)
2 Home Theatre Reference Power Center HTS 3500 MkI

Could you folks tell me if this setup works, and where to get the best pricing Plasma Depot has the 65” at 8479, but I should maybe get some type of discount if I purchase all this from them.

Best Regards,

Sunbrunt

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)