Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Philips 42FD9944/01S

BOD
New User

Mar 8, 2006, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 4 (9874 views)
Shortcut
Philips 42FD9944/01S Can't Post

Have a plasma model 42FD9944/O1S CHASSIS IS SFM24 AA Problem is plasma goes green led when remote pressed to come out of stanby then eventually turns red the led then flashes but no error messages come up even the display does not come on i have a feeling it might be the psu nothing obvious gone can anyone help plus also tried to go into service mode again no joy has anyone worked or had any symptons like this thanks bod.

BOD
New User

Mar 30, 2006, 7:26 PM

Post #2 of 4 (9822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BOD] Philips 42FD9944/01S [In reply to] Can't Post

Found the problem out myself it was the Y SUS Board a short on the fet's but philips say have to buy the complete board so will let know if 100% success later.

a.saydam
New User

May 10, 2006, 11:48 PM

Post #3 of 4 (9752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BOD] Philips 42FD9944/01S [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Markup, I am an independent servicer. I am working on different Philips Plasma tv model 42FD9932 which has exactly the same problem as yours. We call that shut down which the green LED turns to red because a short sustained somewhere which in your case is the Y SUS board. 98% of the time Plasma Display Panels are bad. I have already tried both PSU boards but did not correct the set. Can you tell me if got your set working by changing the y sus board? If so what is the part number and cost? I know there is another board called x-sus. Your earliest response is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks. Akin here is my email address a.saydam@hotmail.com

kassy
New User

May 19, 2006, 3:24 PM

Post #4 of 4 (9731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a.saydam] Philips 42FD9944/01S [In reply to] Can't Post

To indentify whether problem is in power supply or not you have to check POK (power OK) signal line comes out from power supply.Pin 9 socket 0319.If it is OK (means logic 1 - 3.3V) the power supply is working well.If it is not OK (logic 0) you have to be sure that the power supply do not working.After that you may search for defect in another board.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)