Philips 50in" no picture

klydesign
New User

Oct 4, 2011, 8:28 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2202 views)
Shortcut
Philips 50in" no picture Can't Post

I have a Philips 50in" TV model 50PFP5332D/37
it recently stop coming on ,it was working fine then all of a sudden i cut it on and only get the blue standby light stating that it gitting power but no picture nor sound i tried unplugging it ,but still not working what could be the cause of this problem thanks.

Gandrewc
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 1:52 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [klydesign] Philips 50in" no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems that the power is still getting through to the led but not necessarily to the screen. If you look on the top of the TV, there should be some vents, see if you can see any light coming from inside there. If not then it maybe an electrical problem and you will need an electrical engineer to find and fix the problem. In the mean time why not check out some more 50 inch TV's or if you're a big fan of Phillip's TV's check out these instead, although this does seem to be quite a common issue with some of Phillips' larger TV's.

klydesign
New User

Oct 6, 2011, 5:28 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2169 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gandrewc] Philips 50in" no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks ,Yes i notice about two green lights or on inside the tv I was wonder if i could find the part that might fix this problem thanks for your reply on this issue.

Gandrewc
New User

Oct 7, 2011, 6:27 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [klydesign] Philips 50in" no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Without taking a look myself I can't tell you for certain what the cause is. It may be a blown capacitor or a transistor which can be bought and replaced for a small fee of around £10 but you would need to know how to solder. I'd recommend getting an electrician in, or simply buying a new TV (has your warranty expired?). As I said earlier, Phillips' seem to go for the cheap option when it comes to their powerboards. I am suprised they are still in business with the amount of lawsuits that are sent their way.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)