Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Philips Plasma 42fd9932 no picture

kassy
New User

Mar 29, 2005, 9:32 AM

Post #1 of 6 (5764 views)
Shortcut
Philips Plasma 42fd9932 no picture Can't Post

I have two Philips Plasma 42FD9932 sets with similar problem.Tv starts ,blue screen or picture appear for half of second and TV goes into protection.Red led blink.Any suggestion?

jrotull
New User

Mar 30, 2005, 4:08 PM

Post #2 of 6 (5745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kassy] Philips Plasma 42fd9932 no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.tv-forums.com/...ring=42fd9932;#12781

Frown Sorry Kassy, you obviously didn't see this "string" of messages on this same subject. It looks like you encountered the same problem that has been occurring with these units recently....they're burning out prematurely. They were originally estimated to last 30,000 hours but they're not lasting nearly that long. If you have a Philips service center check it out like I did, you'll undoubtedly receive the BAD news. I dumped mine. They didn't even want it for parts.....for FREE.....because they had a small pile of them themselves!!! We all took a BIG hit with these units. I wish someone filed a class action suit against Philips so everyone with a registered model/serial number could be compensated for their losses!! Take care and good luck with your shopping for new units. -GT-

kassy
New User

Apr 1, 2005, 1:19 PM

Post #3 of 6 (5731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrotull] Philips Plasma 42fd9932 no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Hallo jrotull.I saw the messages, but i`m keeping a litle hope that my two problems are different.It is a good idea to filed a class action suit against Philips. I guess it is not entirely Philips fault.If you take a look inside you will see that power supply (Vs,Va panel), preconditioner, scaler board and U-con part are Philips`s parts.Burning out glass plate made by Fujitsu.X- board and Y-board belong to glass plate also made by Fujitsu.A friend of mine has plasma LOEWE Spheros 42.Do you know this German brand?Can you imagine he had the same problem!!When we opened the back cover mystery disappear.Plasma panel was the same like Philips panel, made by Fujitsu.What do you think?

jrotull
New User

Apr 1, 2005, 1:32 PM

Post #4 of 6 (5729 views)
Shortcut

Kassy, I'm not technical. I'm just a consumer who had the problem and was just advising you of my findings after a lot of research. Good luck with your two plasmas, but I think the power supply, etc. problems are different as I was told by the Philips technicians. I think you will find your screens burned out prematurely. All the best.....

kassy
New User

Apr 5, 2005, 7:17 AM

Post #5 of 6 (5720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrotull] Philips Plasma 42fd9932 no picture [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you jirotull.

plasmamaster
New User

Mar 16, 2006, 10:19 PM

Post #6 of 6 (4766 views)
Shortcut

Common problem with Philips Plasma TVs is power supply module.

This guy will answer all your questions and solve all your problems.

Contact email: plasmatech@gmail.com

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)