Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Philips plasma image retention, sparkles

moldymac
New User

Nov 26, 2008, 1:37 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2188 views)
Shortcut
Philips plasma image retention, sparkles Can't Post

Hi all, I have a 42" philips 42pf9631d/37. I was given the tv for nothing for a couple reasons. One being the famous sparkles, its all samsung components and no adjusting fixes that, so I have accepted the X and Y boards need to be replaced. The other issue, which I am not sure if it is related to those boards, is temporary image retention. I am not talking about burn in, what happens is on mostly dark back ground, if the image, regardless of what it is, it removed (like the source unplugged) parts of it will stay for a few seconds, seems worse on something that was white, like the channel bar or the apple logo from my apple tv. I have seen this before on my Zenith Z50PX2D, but not any where near as bad. My friend has an LG set that does the same as mine, and just as bad. IT will even keep the image if you shut off the set and turn it on later, but it will only appear for a second and then clear out. I'll try to get a picture of this posted later today. Am I looking at a bad panel, or could it just be the X an Y boards? Thanks

techchris
Veteran

Nov 26, 2008, 11:03 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moldymac] Philips plasma image retention, sparkles [In reply to] Can't Post

basically its a crap tv so its probably normal. the sustain voltage may be incorrect or control PCB faulty as an unlikely second cause. not surprising someone gave it away.

zip
User

Dec 18, 2008, 5:22 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [moldymac] Philips plasma image retention, sparkles [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to the power supply and adjust all the voltages to specs listed on the sticker on the back of the panel, it will have several listed, get these back to specs should fix your problems. OH if you can't get the voltages back to specs you most likely need a new switch mode power supply.Look at the Ve voltage going the the x sus board, it will cause your image retention problem!Adjustment is likely on the power supply board.

(This post was edited by zip on Dec 18, 2008, 6:00 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)