Plasma for PC?

merlin7
New User

Feb 12, 2005, 6:59 PM

Post #1 of 9 (2507 views)
Shortcut
Plasma for PC? Can't Post

Hi,

With the Plasma burn-in issue, is it still safe to use the Plasma TV for the computer? In using programs such as photoshop or video editing, most of the time images are still.

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 20, 2005, 6:34 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2479 views)
Shortcut
Re: [merlin7] Plasma for PC? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yesssssssssss! that's what they're made for!. You ain't leaving the display (ON) with stilled image after you finish editing are you?.

merlin7
New User

Feb 20, 2005, 7:13 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2477 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your reply. SmileThe programs have icons and graphics that remain still for hours and hour of using it. I'm still hesitant to use it. Anyway have you been doing this for a long time?

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 21, 2005, 7:11 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2471 views)
Shortcut

Im curious what year your plasma made?. If you have a unit bought / made from year 2004, Im well aware you should be confident, worry-free about burn-in issues and no one should!.(especially if you got the PANNY).......I will give a good example: workwise application is nothing! compared to those units in airports, banks and malls working extended since they were hanged. If you are too worried just to do some editing even if I would say "for over 8 hours/ day with thesame graphics on it, Remember! there's a "washed out" effect / or "woobling effect" that if the cells runs hot will refresh each own cycle, INVISIBLE to the naked eye. You won't notice it but it keeps re-freshing! Check that feature on your display if it has...........Not all display has thesame method though! some they call it PICTURE REVERSE! Trust me! it works.

It you still hesitant, that's even better! cause that prove us the "reverse psychology". what we thought isn't all that bad as it seems.

If you ask me how long I been doing this? > too long enough I made some few laughs over this forum over BURNIN-IN issues!.......

Relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx!

merlin7
New User

Feb 21, 2005, 3:55 PM

Post #5 of 9 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Plasma for PC? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey,

Thanks a lot! I'll try it. I've got a Panasonic Th-42PW6. Yes it has the wobble feature which I already enabled when I got the unit too paranoid hehe. I would like to try pc games as well!Smile

Joey

denonjapan
Veteran

Feb 22, 2005, 1:49 AM

Post #6 of 9 (2464 views)
Shortcut

Since you mentioned the exact model no, do lower your BRIGHTNESS settings all the way down to -30. ( you don't need that much brightness, you're going to need some adjustments 5 to 7 years later perhaps to 0 setting depending how often you use your display/ 8 to 10 hours/ day is ok!) You can set +30 on PICTURE as well as SHARPNESS. Both of this features are your major factors of good color which do not contribute to early burn in. Remain your color temp always on COOL settings. This way, you won't attempt adjusting the brightness.....have fun!!!!

merlin7
New User

Feb 22, 2005, 5:11 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Plasma for PC? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok.Thanks for the infoSmile

merlin7
New User

Feb 28, 2005, 4:35 PM

Post #8 of 9 (2450 views)
Shortcut

Is it possible to enhance the text? I tried the pc on the plasma, and the letters are difficult to read.

denonjapan
Veteran

Mar 16, 2005, 5:28 AM

Post #9 of 9 (2425 views)
Shortcut

I have no idea how long your last post has been. I haven't been around lately. Your question:"Is it possible to enhance the text?> There's no other way to enhance the text connected from your pc. simply bec. your display is EDTV ( 853 x 480 ). It is by far the weakness of Plasma television unless it's HDTV monitor ranging from 1024 x 768 pixel resolution or higher.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)