Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Plasma display needs some help!!

bdavis
New User

Jan 26, 2006, 10:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Plasma display needs some help!! Can't Post

I bought a Philips 50FD9955 (50 in plasma) from a friend of mine knowing that there would need to be some work completed. I will try and outline the issues that I am haivng. First, there seems to be some image retention or burn in happening. It happens almost imediately so I do not think it is burn in. Second, the display goes black for a second every so often-know idea what is causing this. Lastly the colors are very grainy at times which is very annoying.

Do you guys have any advice, it would be much appreciated.

denonjapan
Veteran

Jan 27, 2006, 3:03 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bdavis] Plasma display needs some help!! [In reply to] Can't Post

First! Im sorry to say that he's not a FRIEND!. I maybe wrong! HIM for not knowing that this situation isn't repairable and under your impression that he's a friend enough to convinced you passing his grievances over the display he sold to you. He got away with it and YOU! STUCKED with it!.

Bdavis! the problem your experiencing in that display is primarily sign of burn-in in effect. As you turn it on, any further use will gradually darken the area where image retention noticed. The sequence of flashing black often causes this signs as phosphours begins to fail. Get a PANASONIC next time!

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)