Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Plasma quality issue

Dereks
New User

Oct 5, 2005, 3:07 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Plasma quality issue Can't Post

Can someone help me out??? I recently purchased a samsung 42" edtv. I am happy with the picture when on DVD, but the quality of the picture on my hi def satellite sucks. It looks very grainey on shows such as CSI etc....almost cartoonish on some colors(orange, red), and dark scenes(blacks). I am running an HDMI from the satellite to the tv, I have set the dish output to 480p. No luck. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue is. I bought the TV based on the picture I saw in the store on DVD. Would it help if I went to the HDTV and went with the DVI from the satellite?

Thanks

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 5, 2005, 5:16 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dereks] Plasma quality issue [In reply to] Can't Post

The problem is your satellite's signal coming in. it could be some obstruction in your area or improper positioning of the dish satellites tuning in. Remember your signal coming in is thru wave. it doesn't guarrantee signal's stability when weather changes. Especially when weather falls unexpectedly. It didn't matter whether you went hdtv monitor Sly ( it could have been worse!) or how your input selections would be....You see! In high def world, " it's either you have it or you don't" situation. I wonder why still displaying pictures.

denonjapan

made in japan

(This post was edited by denonjapan on Oct 6, 2005, 2:03 AM)

Dereks
New User

Oct 6, 2005, 1:01 AM

Post #3 of 8 (2111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [denonjapan] Plasma quality issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. When you say it is the signal does strength have anything to do with it or is it the wave thing. I currently am getting 90% signal strength on SD channels and 82% on HD

Any thoughts??

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 6, 2005, 1:59 AM

Post #4 of 8 (2108 views)
Shortcut

your subscriber has something to do with it., 82 % -90% is quite good on both strenghts. But beleive it when I tell you. This strenghts you mentioned could me more STATICS presence itself than a clean video signal... Call your hd provider! are you having HD subscriptions? or just basic?...Your signal provider can only solve this issue!.

One more thing! Try to move around those COXIAL input from your HD receiver. sometimes when a cable isn't properly stripped and tighten it's GROUNDING. It will definitely annoys the signal. don't forget to attach those FERRITE MAGNETS from your Plasma power cable. or haven't you?

denonjapan

made in japan.

Dereks
New User

Oct 6, 2005, 2:33 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2103 views)
Shortcut

ferrite magnets?????What's that. Wow I am going to read more next time before I buy

Thanks

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 6, 2005, 3:35 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2101 views)
Shortcut

So you never heard or aware the use of ferrite magnet?...I can't explain to you unless you know what it is. Panasonic industrial displays may be added accessories. It may require for use depends on the location of the display. Those are taken as preventive measures against statics from electric currents unsteadiness as often as may become. It can affect the picture quality. Those static lines if you are not aware! are running from above going down or sideways. Again! this is not considered DEFECTS.

denonjapan

made in japan

Dereks
New User

Oct 8, 2005, 9:14 PM

Post #7 of 8 (2075 views)
Shortcut

Denonjapan

You seem to be the guy to ask... I have an opportunity to send my samsung edtv back, and get a new TH-42 PX50U Panasonic for about $800 dollars more. From what I have read about panasonic quality this seems like a good deal. The one thing that is important to me is picture quality. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

denonjapan
Veteran

Oct 9, 2005, 6:23 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2066 views)
Shortcut

TH-42PWD8UK OR TH-42PWD7UY: both models don't equipped with built-in tuners but they're better internal parts than any consumer models.

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)