Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Possible to get rid of black bars w/ DVD on Panasonic 42" plasma?

tcd2004
New User

Mar 24, 2006, 9:27 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1534 views)
Shortcut
Possible to get rid of black bars w/ DVD on Panasonic 42" plasma? Can't Post

I have a panasonic 42 inch tx42pd50u and i thought with a widescreen dvd on a widescreen dvd you could get rid of the black bars on the bottom and top. The only way i found to get rid of them is to set the aspect to "zoom" which degrades the quality of the picture which i dont want obviously. Ive had a memorex dvd player that did it and now im using a toshiba hdmi dvd player with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot

Ty

techchris
Veteran

Mar 24, 2006, 10:30 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tcd2004] Possible to get rid of black bars w/ DVD on Panasonic 42" plasma? [In reply to] Can't Post

dvd's will only fit a 16:9 screen if the film format is 16:9. look on the back of the box you will see the formay as X.XX:1 the larger the first figure ie2.2:1 then the more letterbox shape the picture will be..about 1.8:1 is 16:9 format

tcd2004
New User

Mar 25, 2006, 6:26 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Possible to get rid of black bars w/ DVD on Panasonic 42" plasma? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think that makes sense after doing some testing. All the dvd's i buy are the widescreen versions but after comparing a few of my dvd's here are the general formats there in: 1.85:1 and 2.35:1 With the 1.85 there are no black bars and with the 2.35 there are fairly small black bars. I rented a dvd a few weeks ago and it seemed like there was as much black space as their was picture, it was rather annoying, would the numbers on the back of the case led with a bigger number, such as 3? Thanks for the help

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)