Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP

martymcfly
New User

Oct 3, 2013, 7:08 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2804 views)
Shortcut
Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP Can't Post

Hi, I'm looking for a bit of advice with the above set.

Last night whilst watching a movie, the TV turned itself off. Now it keeps on turning off and on, it tries it a few times before giving up and displaying an error code on the front of the unit.

The code is a series of two flashes - five times before restarting the sequence with a short pause in between. I started to thing the PSU had gone...

I phone a few repair centers to get a price, one guy it wasn't the PSU and it was likely to be the X-main. Another said it was the YSUS board, he said to unplug the YSUS from everything and see if the symptoms are the same...

Unplugged the YSUS, now after a pause the TV tuns on and sound comes out of the speakers - but no display

Does this mean it is indeed the YSUS, and is it as simple as replacing the damaged board to get the TV up and running? I'm a computer tech by trade, so know a little but TV's = Im a newbie with no advanced tools.

Thank you in advance!

guesswhooo
New User

Oct 4, 2013, 10:34 PM

Post #2 of 5 (2783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martymcfly] Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite possible requiring a recharge. Do you possess a plasma gas pressure gauge?

martymcfly
New User

Oct 4, 2013, 10:49 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guesswhooo] Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Quite possible requiring a recharge. Do you possess a plasma gas pressure gauge?

Who needs a pressure gauge when there are silly pricks like you around?

jts1957
Veteran

Oct 4, 2013, 11:25 PM

Post #4 of 5 (2778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guesswhooo] Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

He's been recharging them manually using his mouth and he's obviously inhaled when he should have exhaled.Crazy

-------------------------

martymcfly
New User

Oct 5, 2013, 4:04 PM

Post #5 of 5 (2775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyway, just in case anyone comes here and expects a helpful - less piss taking answer...

Turns out it was the x-main that had gone faulty, since they are linked to the y-main for an energy recovery circuit a failure of one can damage/take out another.

The fix is to replace the x&y main and to replace the firmware of the unit to the latest version. Samsung are aware of the issue and I urge talking to Samsung support about it if it happens to you...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)