RZ42PX11-made by LG- sparklies across screen

Cornboats
New User

Sep 3, 2012, 8:54 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1915 views)
Shortcut
RZ42PX11-made by LG- sparklies across screen Can't Post

LG RZ43PX11 - getting rid of sparklies by adjusting v up and V down

I've had to change y-sus and Z sus boards now sets got sparklies all over like a rash.

I read previous threads and consensus appears to adjust v-up and v down pots. I read in the manual that this could only be done using a scope. My scopes only 20 mhz. Anyone done this successfully ? Is it just a case of fine adjustment a bit at a time. Do you move both pots in the same direction or 1 at a time?
Any help/advice would be welcomed.

(This post was edited by Cornboats on Sep 3, 2012, 8:54 AM)

leonard085
New User

Aug 5, 2013, 10:41 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cornboats] RZ42PX11-made by LG- sparklies across screen [In reply to] Can't Post

I have replace these pcb before,
there Is a problem, you have to make sure you get the correct part , with the correct part number to match the sceen,
I have the set up procedure ,I can look for it
but I found from experience, you will have sparklies when the unit is cold, then when it warms up, it will be ok

Cornboats
New User

Aug 6, 2013, 8:06 AM

Post #3 of 5 (1681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cornboats] RZ42PX11-made by LG- sparklies across screen [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Leonard - I bought three of these sets for repair each time managing to find the fault and change the required board but only to get a screen covered in these small dots . I've managed to get a picture on my scope and all voltages appear to be correct-including ramp up and ramp down. So it looks like I'm stuck with the problem .
Suppose I'll have to take a big loss and sell sets off as spares.
Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

guesswhooo
New User

Sep 28, 2013, 12:49 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1616 views)
Shortcut

As the displays becomes aged they are developing minute plasma gas leaking. Beware! Plasma gas extremely toxic!

jts1957
Veteran

Sep 28, 2013, 4:31 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [guesswhooo] RZ42PX11-made by LG- sparklies across screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Just see his avatar as proof. Wink

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)