Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Philips 50" Plasma HDTV (50PF9630A)

Adrienne21
New User

Dec 18, 2005, 7:18 PM

Post #1 of 2 (2103 views)
Shortcut
Philips 50" Plasma HDTV (50PF9630A) Can't Post

My mom and I would like to get my dad a plasma tv for Christmas, but I am having a hard time deciding which one. I would like it to be a 50 inch and my mom wants to keep the price about $4000.00 before taxes and shipping.

I orginally wanted a Panasonic, but Best Buy and Circuit City are sold out and laughed when I asked if they would be getting anymore in.

I have been looking at the Philips 50" Plasma HDTV (50PF9630A) with Ambilight technology. I read a few reviews that say the Ambilight is distracting and a negative, but I have also read it is postive. Any thoughts on the tv?

I wanted to get it from Circuit City and if not there then Best Buy, so we can go pick it up and have it for Christmas.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appriciated. Thanks everyone.

denonjapan
Veteran

Dec 19, 2005, 5:00 AM

Post #2 of 2 (2097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Adrienne21] Philips 50" Plasma HDTV (50PF9630A) [In reply to] Can't Post

Adrienne! 1 negative is something, 2 negatives is 2 much but 3rd? When you're reading reviews, watch very close how similar the problems is being mentioned. I wouldn't recommend a product that has 2 or more flaws only to leave you in fear how soon that unit will incur same problems as mentioned in the reviews....Be very sure about circuit city's return policy.

if I were you!......( im just saying this but decision still yours! ) Based on your $4000 + allowance. Pioneer is a MUST!.

denonjapan

made in japan!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)