Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Cleaning the INSIDE of Samsung Screen PN42C450B1D

KeyzzDzz
New User

Jul 19, 2014, 12:15 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1790 views)
Shortcut
Cleaning the INSIDE of Samsung Screen PN42C450B1D Can't Post

.... So I got this Samsung Plasma TV PN42C450B1D that was in a house that was on fire. There was no actual fire in the room where this TV was but it got Toasty & SOOT Everywhere. The top of the frame is a bit melted & warped... but I carried it home anyway. Now I dont know anything about TVs... but I cleaned up the outside... and plugged it in... and stood off to the side when I hit the on switch. When I finally did open my eyes... there was the "MODE Message" on the screen!!! ``ಠ̮̮̃̾ಠ`` WHOA! Went thru all the menu... and it seems to work fine. Gonna hook it up to my Lap Top tomorrow maybe...
.... Heres what this NOVICE wants to know... Theres some soot on the INSIDE of the screen. Is it worth it for ~ME~ to try and get in there to wipe it off? Im pretty anal... and follow directions well... so if I knew it wasnt like Brain Surgery... Id give it a shot. I mean ... I did get it for free. and it is working. Appreciate any input.
~ ~ Anybody ? ~ ~

flyatyou66
User

Jul 23, 2014, 4:42 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KeyzzDzz] Cleaning the INSIDE of Samsung Screen PN42C450B1D [In reply to] Can't Post

Screen is damaged inside from heat. Replace tv through your house insurance.

KeyzzDzz
New User

Jul 23, 2014, 5:48 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1767 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] Cleaning the INSIDE of Samsung Screen PN42C450B1D [In reply to] Can't Post

For one.... I got it for FREE. It was in an apt I was cleaning up due to a fire. So, its NOT something I owned or bought. So, no ins. ( Who buys insurance these days anyway?) . . For 2 . . . I can SEE the picture fine... its just some SOOT on the inside of the faceplate... I can SEE the picture thru the soot. What I want to know if its a big job to take the Face cover off so I can WIPE the inside of it.

flyatyou66
User

Jul 23, 2014, 7:01 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KeyzzDzz] Cleaning the INSIDE of Samsung Screen PN42C450B1D [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugz5rWJtpmI
Give it a try. Notice at the end of video is where you want to get to, to clean the screen.

KeyzzDzz
New User

Jul 23, 2014, 7:33 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] Cleaning the INSIDE of Samsung Screen PN42C450B1D [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool. Thanks flyatyou66.... Im going to check it out today.

flyatyou66
User

Jul 24, 2014, 12:28 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1757 views)
Shortcut

I would see if you really have to take off all the boards or just the flex cables going to the screen.If you get into a jam,go to youtube or reply here.

(This post was edited by flyatyou66 on Jul 24, 2014, 12:36 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)