Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
samsung (ps51d6900dm) turning on issue

Panzer_green
New User

Aug 25, 2014, 6:21 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2767 views)
Shortcut
samsung (ps51d6900dm) turning on issue Can't Post

The problem is the tv turns on and gets to the logo but then turns off! tries 3 times and for safety reasons stops trying to turn the tv on i believe.
I did a few checks and by no means am i very knowledgeable when it comes to fixing tv's but i checked all my voltages and they seem to be fine and disconnected other boards yet still came to the conclusion its the power supply.

I then heard about heating the board with a hairdryer to see if it turns on! which it did turn on. So i isolated it to a part of the board and found when i pushed on the IC the tv stayed on when not heated. I then believed it was a cold solder joint. It worked after re soldering this area for a week! then the same problem happened again! Is this part likely to be causing this problem and if so where can i get this part as i have had no luck looking myself!

Photo of IC i believe is faulty! in link
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=228017&d=1408930516

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 25, 2014, 7:41 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Panzer_green] samsung (ps51d6900dm) turning on issue [In reply to] Can't Post

http://preher-tech.com/documents/optoisolators

If indeed bad, your favorite local electronics purveyor may stock or choose one online.

-------------------------

Panzer_green
New User

Aug 25, 2014, 10:44 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] samsung (ps51d6900dm) turning on issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Many thanks ill have a look at this when i get off work! i thought i was wrong in calling it a IC.

Panzer_green
New User

Aug 25, 2014, 11:02 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2756 views)
Shortcut

I have had a look and will test the opto-isolator when i get home! thankyou.
May i also ask you to help me in locating one online? as i have looked up the 817B opto-isolator and cant seem to find any! am i doing something wrong? Kind regards Martin

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 25, 2014, 11:26 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2753 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Panzer_green] samsung (ps51d6900dm) turning on issue [In reply to] Can't Post

There is an Edit button in the upper right of each of your posts. No need for consecutive posts to add a thought.

Googling 'purchase 817b optoisolator' gives about 1.8 MILLION results. First ten items on the first page alone gives datasheets, images and four perveyors: alibaba, digikey, jameco and mouser. I'll let YOU review the rest at your leisure as you know details of where you will need shipped.

Panzer_green
New User

Aug 25, 2014, 11:37 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2751 views)
Shortcut

Your a champ sorry about that silly error! the word purchase makes all the difference! and thankyou for the advice about editing the post.
Will the quality of the optoisolator vary a lot from different suppliers!
Sorry again about all these dumb questions! But you are being an amazing help.

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 26, 2014, 12:48 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2749 views)
Shortcut

Milk is Milk.
Does milk vary from cow to cow - YES
Does the price of milk vary from brand to brand?; name brand to store brand?; and from store to store? - YES

Do infants or children care? - NO (Well, Yes they do, if its well past date on container)
Do adults who are NOT lactose intolerant care? Some do. Some don't.

Just DO NOT buy milk at Radio Shack or your local home improvement center.
Wink

Panzer_green
New User

Aug 26, 2014, 1:19 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2746 views)
Shortcut

Haha okay point taken! thanks again. ill let you know if i manage to fix the tv!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)