Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues?

silverhalo
New User

Nov 22, 2014, 5:50 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1988 views)
Shortcut
Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues? Can't Post

TV is almost 2 years old and has started turning off when either a vacuum cleaner, garbage disposal, or AC unit turns on. The TV usually turns back on after a few seconds. The appliances are all on different circuit breakers and this has only started about a month ago.
Any one have any ideas about what could be failing? What should I look to troubleshoot first? THanks!

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 22, 2014, 6:58 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silverhalo] Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues? [In reply to] Can't Post

The TV is about to fail.

I'd start with power supplies. If you are able to vary your AC mains voltage, that might prove helpful.

-------------------------

silverhalo
New User

Nov 22, 2014, 7:26 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1982 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unfortunately I don't have a Variac to vary the mains input. I've watched the line voltage dropout with my Multimeter and it power dips down to 114v when the garbage disposal starts up, but the TV has also turned off when a 30watt florescent light was turned on which has negligible dropout on the line.

I checked the VS (marked at 209, but reads 208.3) and the VA (marked at 58.... and reads 58), will try and read during a line voltage dropout and see what happens. I thought the filter caps in the PS where supposed to handle voltage drops ... sounds like the PS is the first thing to look at. Thanks!

scottsphoto2
New User

Nov 25, 2014, 5:21 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silverhalo] Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues? [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely not getting enough steady voltage. It shouldn't be dropping that much, unless you plug into the same outlet, so you need to get an electrician to see why it is dropping like that?
The manuals say to never plug anything such as vaccums, ect... into the same outlet.

Hope that helps!

jts1957
Veteran

Nov 25, 2014, 5:50 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsphoto2] Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bring in a team of fresh hamsters?

-------------------------

silverhalo
New User

Nov 25, 2014, 7:51 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scottsphoto2] Samsung pn43e450a1fxza starting to turn off/on when other appliances are turned on.. Any clues? [In reply to] Can't Post

Gremlins in the walls.. in the TV?
Well, after I took apart the TV, cleaned the inside and refitted all the connections.. and I can't get the problem to reoccur.
I put it in use for 6 hours straight without a hiccup, garbage disposal running didn't make any difference. Strange for an issue to occur regularly for weeks and then just vanish.
Thanks again for the comments guys. I guess I'll have to wait in see what happens!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.18 s on (CGI/1.1)