Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Sansung PS50Q97HDX/XEU

scania2003
New User

Jul 2, 2011, 10:49 PM

Post #1 of 7 (6222 views)
Shortcut
Sansung PS50Q97HDX/XEU Can't Post

Hi all just to say im new to this forum and would like some help,i seem to be having a little problem with the tv, its a samsung 50 inch model as above, it keep switching on and off on and off on off on off, but if i leave it for a few mins its ok for 10 mins or so, while its switching on off on off its not fully staring up just can hear and see the light at the bottom of the tv on and off,, any ideals plz, cheers

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 2, 2011, 10:55 PM

Post #2 of 7 (6220 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scania2003] Sansung PS50Q97HDX/XEU [In reply to] Can't Post

As usual, open and check for obvious bad electrolytic capacitors and other visually bad/burnt parts.

-------------------------

jimm
New User

Jul 3, 2011, 12:12 AM

Post #3 of 7 (6217 views)
Shortcut

I agree that it may be as simple as an issue with the SMPS. but plasma sets have other scenarios that may cause cycling. Usually it's an over current error caused by failure of one of the scan components.
Hopefully it's just the caps!
TV, Ham Radio and Computer Repair

scania2003
New User

Jul 3, 2011, 11:15 AM

Post #4 of 7 (6203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] Sansung PS50Q97HDX/XEU [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi again. a few hours ago had a chat to a neighbour,, who as i remember used to fix tvs many years ago,ahh great took the tv off the wall,, without a crain,took the back off it and we seen there were a few electrolytic capacitors close to popping open, so got the codes off them and he looked on maplins site got slightly higher values or heat value and bought them, put in 4 new electrolytic capacitors,, tv works a treat, just a small thing,when i got the electrolytic capacitors the young lad behind the counter said is it a samsung !!!!!!!!!! i never told him what it was for then said yes, he said its a common fault with samsung, they used chineese parts not parts from japan and they know its a common fauly with the heat value of the electrolytic capacitors BUT will not admit it was there fault cus of the poor materials, thks again everyone

(This post was edited by scania2003 on Jul 3, 2011, 11:15 AM)

scania2003
New User

Jul 8, 2011, 4:32 PM

Post #5 of 7 (6185 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi again. a few hours ago had a chat to a neighbour,, who as i remember used to fix tvs many years ago,ahh great took the tv off the wall,, without a crain,took the back off it and we seen there were a few electrolytic capacitors close to popping open, so got the codes off them and he looked on maplins site got slightly higher values or heat value and bought them, put in 4 new electrolytic capacitors,, tv works a treat, just a small thing,when i got the electrolytic capacitors the young lad behind the counter said is it a samsung !!!!!!!!!! i never told him what it was for then said yes, he said its a common fault with samsung, they used chineese parts not parts from japan and they know its a common fauly with the heat value of the electrolytic capacitors BUT will not admit it was there fault cus of the poor materials, thks again everyone

Just to follow up on my problem the tv worked for about an hour or told, but then stopped, had a look at the power panle under a powerfull lamp and magnifying glass and it had a dry joint, re-soldered it and its now been working for a few days no probs,,,,, so b4 we jump to it and thinking its working good again or b4 persons think that theres a fault they may have to pay lots of money for,please look at any dry soldered joints, could save you a lot,, cheers

Terrik
New User

Aug 11, 2011, 5:27 AM

Post #6 of 7 (5907 views)
Shortcut

Take it to the technician and he will be able to give you best suggestion or would tell you as to what what should be done with your computer. Either it should be replaced or the the problem can be fixed... Lets see!!

scania2003
New User

Aug 11, 2011, 8:36 AM

Post #7 of 7 (5904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terrik] Sansung PS50Q97HDX/XEU [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Take it to the technician and he will be able to give you best suggestion or would tell you as to what what should be done with your computer. Either it should be replaced or the the problem can be fixed... Lets see!!

A little slow but if you read the little bit above your post you may see its sorted ( and im sure your answer to the question is just basic, if you dont know anyone who can help out, then yes take it to the menders

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)