Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Sony PFM-42B1 X Y BOARDS

dave55
New User

Apr 6, 2006, 3:55 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1955 views)
Shortcut
Sony PFM-42B1 X Y BOARDS Can't Post

Hi, to all the people who have had the same problem as me with the flashing red light 6 times and been told the pdp is broke along with defect or sizzled x y boards and that its going to cost them £2,500 or $4-5000 Dollars to fix!. I have tried calling Sony UK and just got the run around until i spoke to a Manager who said it didn't matter what "KNOWN ISSUES" sony PFM-42B1 have abroad Sony UK don't no of the "HIC ISSUE" so basicly tuff luck if my warrenty is out!, they were not going to help without me footing the bill of £2,500 for it to be sent to Belguim to be fixed! i said how gutted i was to be literally left out to dry by them and he had the gaul and cheek to say Business is Business! i personelly will never buy a sony Plasma again, strangely enough i phoned the Sony people in San Diego and they were so helpful and willing to help but couldn't as im outside the US, but at least they made an effort!!

Please is there any one out there that can help me with my problem i.e. maybe with parts to fix it myself or maybe a contact lead to someone in Sony who can help or a email or phone number in Sony where i can complain big time!

P.S Maybe i might have the last laugh after all, im a buyer for a company that has just got a contract to install over 150 40" and 50" plasmas in various locations in England and u can bet they wont be from Sony!!Laugh

(This post was edited by dave55 on Apr 6, 2006, 4:23 PM)

nutterone
New User

Jun 6, 2006, 4:43 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave55] Sony PFM-42B1 X Y BOARDS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi dave, Sony are full of crap, here in Australia they are selling thier agents 2 modified boards who will fix the fault for $600-800 aud total cost, and the problem seems to be related more to the dc-dc converter board, i`ve got one here i dissconected the 150-170v line from dc-dc converter and the unit stays powered up with no screen and goes straight back into fault mode even with the PDP dissconected from the dc-dc converter output.(they`ll try and tell us any old crap)

dave55
New User

Jun 7, 2006, 9:14 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nutterone] Sony PFM-42B1 X Y BOARDS [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah hi, you are right they told me a right load of crap gave up in the end my plasma is just sitting in the corner Broke! Gutted! wish i never had bothered buying it, £2,500 repair cost is what they quoted me!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)