Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
TH-50PZ800U Blinks two times

th-50pz800u
New User

Jan 9, 2012, 9:25 PM

Post #1 of 1 (2152 views)
Shortcut
TH-50PZ800U Blinks two times Can't Post

My 2009 Panasonic TH-50PZ800U plasma. For those of you, like myself, who spent hours reading online trying to find out exactly what to do to repair your tv, this is what I did, hopefully it helps save you some time.
My tv would not turn on, blinking two times. If I held the power button down it would blink 10 times. I replaced the main power board, put everything back together, plugged it in and it fired up. It's been two weeks and so far no problems.
I searched for parts, many suppliers were out of stock or not exactly the correct part. Some want you to mail your part to them for repair which I was uncomfortable doing. The power board part I needed for this tv is ETX2MM704MGH, make sure the part number matches exactly, many parts I looked at did not have the 'H'. There's also a sub power board on this tv but it wasn't the problem in my situation.
I purchased the part from www.ued.net. The part number will show four different manufacturers. The Panasonic part is the most expensive, I was told I couldn't order a Panasonic part without an authorization number from Panansonic but the Vizio part is essentially the same and will work in a Panasonic, and it happened to be cheaper. Therefore I ordered and installed the Vizio part.
When I was troublshooting the tv, there was no obvious signs such as bad capacitors you'll see on you-tube that are obviously leaking or blown up. On my main power board, there's three 220v capacitors and the tops of the capacitors looked fine but weren't 100% flat, or a bit concave like the others. It was very, very subtle but it was the best guess at the time so I replaced the board which fixed the problem.
Hopefully this is helpful

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)