Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
TV takes time to "warm up" and flickers black?

nim6us
New User

Aug 15, 2013, 6:34 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3182 views)
Shortcut
TV takes time to "warm up" and flickers black? Can't Post

I’ve got a 42” plasma, it’s some no name, I’ll get all the specific information if need be. However I’m hoping someone can identify it as a general issue with a common fix. Essentially the TV takes 10min to “warm up”. If I turn it on before I turn my device on there’s a solid blue screen, like the TV can display picture. But as soon as I turn the device on the screen goes black, the picture will flicker from black to the actual image very rapidly. As it warms up the black flicker will slow down until eventually you get a steady image. This has been getting steadily worse, taking longer to warm up. And now there’s even a very gradual flicker during viewing. Before after the flicker stopped you could view the media perfect, but now about every 30 seconds there’s a black flicker during the show. It’s brief and tolerable, but something obviously is going bad. I’m using the component inputs, and I’ve tried switching to HDMI and switching to a different device, but getting the same result. Is this common, is there a fix for this? I’m pretty techy, I can even solder if need be, I just don’t even know where to start. Any ideas?

jts1957
Veteran

Aug 15, 2013, 10:51 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nim6us] TV takes time to "warm up" and flickers black? [In reply to] Can't Post

Weak High Voltage rectifier tube? Cool

-------------------------

Ron.M
Veteran

Aug 16, 2013, 1:23 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] TV takes time to "warm up" and flickers black? [In reply to] Can't Post

jts1957;....

Now,now jt....Wink...
You know better....
The guy asked a civil question with no smartass comments...Angelic..
Please be nice & try to help him...OK ???...
Thanks...Smile...

Have a GREAT day & weekend....Sly...

Later..Ron.M...Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

nim6us
New User

Aug 16, 2013, 3:11 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] TV takes time to "warm up" and flickers black? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes while I may not know much about TVs, I'm guessing there are no tubes in a plasma TV. Wink

Ron.M
Veteran

Aug 16, 2013, 6:07 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nim6us] TV takes time to "warm up" and flickers black? [In reply to] Can't Post

nim6us;....

You are correct...
NO flat panel (LED/LCD or Plasma) TV has tubes of any kind inside...

Someone that has better experience than I (Includes jts1957) should be along to help you ...
A brand name , model number &/or a chassis number is almost a requirement for any further help here..

Good Luck on your TV repairs....

Later..Ron.M....Cool..
Veteran & Retired TV technician

nim6us
New User

Aug 16, 2013, 7:41 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3147 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Ron! I know sites like this live off a handful of really knowledgeable people donating their time. Suffering their taunts is just part of the process of getting free knowledge. I'll get the details and post them tonight as this is not a general issue.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)