Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Toshiba 42HP83 Display Warmup

armtek
New User

Nov 14, 2005, 5:58 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1953 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 42HP83 Display Warmup Can't Post

Bought a 42HP83 display model w/full warranty. Seven months after purchase the display started exhibiting a warmup sequence where the picture came up normally, then started to pixelate until all was left was a line across the middle of the screen and some random pixels. It almost seems as if the display would 'write' over without refreshing until all that was left was black (at least my take on it). Service tried to fix it four times, replacing several modules, sometimes more than once, and basically they gave up and replaced it with a new DLP. I now have a plasma unit that once it warms up it works OK, but still not as high quality as I'd like. Is this a display issue (e.g. $$$) or is it something that they may not have replaced? I've seen this crop up elsewhere in the forum but didn't see an answer.
thanks,
JoeSmile

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 18, 2005, 6:17 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [armtek] Toshiba 42HP83 Display Warmup [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi joe! As honest as you described the problems and somehow noticed there's something you weren't telling during the 7-8 months period.....First! let me tell you, my beginning in this forum when I have said it over and over and the continued encounter problems such as yours, although I came to respond specifically on SONY or PANASONIC displays?. It doesn't mean, my answers reflects on SONY or in particular alone in that subject.......All my answers referred as in PLASMA TV in GENERAL. SONY, PANASONIC, MITSUBISHI ain't any different than MAXENT when their lives is over! do you understand me? They share one thing in common ends. > and that is > no second chances!!!......Not even it's own MANUFACTURING BRAND can pin-point exactly what went wrong. How can you expect any technician abroad supersede the technicality for being a FLOURESCENT DISPLAY?.

One thing you should understand and accept is it's nature and principles applied : One tiny failure can be tolerable and unnoticeable till it's dying end but one thing for sure! > it's not subject for REPAIR whatsoever!. Plasma TV is disposable from any malfunction in that regard....... Your intentions for trying is only causing your effort more pain, although I understood your willingness to do so but only to find out the truth you stucked into > is all yours to live with! ( if you continue to do so! Crazy ). Move on! I know exactly what's going on with your display but it's no worth and certainly no hope for trying. Atleast hearing it from me is an honest answer, no defiant tryouts, or passing bad experienced should you suffer thesame ("kinda" thing! ) know what Im saying?.

I noticed in this forum No one EVER! Share AWARENESS! ( not just you ) as far as having a PLASMA TV in full working order and wonder "how to keep it even longer against the 30,000 hours lifespan expectancy"?. was there? Except the majority only concern are: which model is good, specifications, EDTV or HDTV, and most of it I hear is > when the unit is gone and they seek all possible advice to releive the agony they'd paid for!.trying to fix it. Such and such! shouldn't happen, NOT the 6k it cost them! but Guess what? Life has no guarrantee either!....

Im all ears for you when you decided for a brand new one! thanks for sharing and confidence! just do me a favor! move on!....Take this experience away from ignorance!.."GOOD things is never enough " there's more to come" just enjoy!

sincerely,

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)