Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Vizio P50HDM/p50hdtv10a

keys6505
New User

Sep 15, 2012, 2:48 AM

Post #1 of 2 (3032 views)
Shortcut
Vizio P50HDM/p50hdtv10a Can't Post

I was given a Vizio P50HDM that when plugged in would only show the green power light but do nothing else. I found a bad fuse on the Ysus and after some research came to the conclusion that the Y board was bad. I went online and bought a parts TV that was model P50HDTV10A, which contained all the same boards, but this tv had a pink vertical stripe down the middle of the screen. So after reading and reading it seemed that the "parts" tv had bad Y buffers and was an easier fix than the original, so I took the buffers off the P50HDM and installed them on the P50HDTV10A, plugged it in and it worked good as new! So i proudly set the TV up and walked away for about 20 min or so only to come back and find the picture had already went. It was now bright vertical pixellated lines throughout the entire screen. You could barely make out what the actual image was, but there was vague outlines. Volume still works as it should. Where did I go wrong so that the TV would work fine for 20 min but then go out again?

Plasma TV Parts
New User

Nov 7, 2012, 10:33 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [keys6505] Vizio P50HDM/p50hdtv10a [In reply to] Can't Post

The listed fix for the 50X3 Panel, is to swap all 3 panels, the Y-Sustain and both upper and lower buffers.

Odds are there is a fault on the Vizio Y-Sustain that allows it to work but burn the buffers.

S the Y-Sustain is the culprit, however the symptom includes a damaged buffer or 2.
Great Value Plasma TV Parts from Fix My Plasma. Established 8 years.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.14 s on (CGI/1.1)