Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Y-Sus/Z-Sus issue

rturner76
New User

Jan 18, 2011, 4:12 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1580 views)
Shortcut
Y-Sus/Z-Sus issue Can't Post

I have a general question regarding Y-Sus/Z-Sus issues. When this type of board goes out, is it generally due to a components going bad that can be easily replaced? Or do most of you just replace the board?

I have an inquiry about a Vizio 50" Plasma (p50hdtv10a) that has sound, but no picture. "When you try and turn on the unit, the sound comes on but no picture. If you turn if off and on a few times and sometimes unplug it it will turn on and works fine all day. When we first turn it on it will maybe flash the picture up for a slit second then the picture will go
black. There is sound but no picture. You can turn the power on and off a few times and it works fine for the rest of the day as long as you don't turn it off again."

I am just looking for the cheapest possible repair so I can at least make money on my labor. Any advise would be appreciated. I do repairs part time as a hobby and have had several successful repairs when it comes to power and convergence. But when it comes to this issue, most people shy away from the repair due to cost of the boards.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Rich

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 19, 2011, 12:22 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1574 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rturner76] Y-Sus/Z-Sus issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Manufacturers support their products down to component level....NOT! In the sixties = YES. Now = NO.
You're lucky if you can find a salvaged board from a board pulling service (Shop Jimmy, etc.).

Welcome to the New consumer electronic repair world.

-------------------------

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.16 s on (CGI/1.1)