Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
Zenith P42W46X Vertical 1" Black Line

captbwmc
New User

Jun 16, 2011, 12:01 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2221 views)
Shortcut
Zenith P42W46X Vertical 1" Black Line Can't Post

I bought a zenith p42w46x tv with a bad power board. Someone had replaced 3 of the 4 450v caps with 250v caps and told me tv worked great. Needless to say as soon as I plugged it in one of the caps started spewing all over the place. As cheap as I got the set for, I kept it and ordered a new power board off ebay and installed it no problem. When I turned on set I could hear the sound from each channel fine but screen was still black. I thought great, it's got a bad screen too, but I left it on for 30 to 45 minutes and little by little the screen started to lighten up and then all of a sudden the beautiful color picture locked in. If you turn the set off and then back on while it's still warm the picture quality is still there and comes up immediatly, but if you cut it off and leave it off long enough for it to cool down, then when you turn it back on you have to again wait 30 to 45 minutes for picture to lock in perfectly. I can live with that for now cause I leave set on and just cut off cable box when I want to shut it off. That way when I cut cable box back on the set itself is still warm and screen comes right up beautifully. It has a gorgeous picture accept for a vertical black line about an inch wide and about 12 inches or so from right edge of screen. I figure it's probably a bad cap in which ever board is the monitor output. I've never had a plasma or lcd tv before but I did do alot of tv work years ago. Can someone explain to me what's wrong with cold screen staying black for so long when first turned on, bad screen or bad output transistor or something on the board, and mabee suggest a few caps I might check out by piggy backing known good caps of same value to fix my black line problem? I would really appriciate any suggestions I can get.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.17 s on (CGI/1.1)