Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: Plasma TV Forum:
esa tv / need help with s-video

trotter
New User

Sep 3, 2005, 4:47 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1332 views)
Shortcut
esa tv / need help with s-video Can't Post

just bought an esa plama and the s-video connection is a black and white picture, any ideas on how to fix this? would greatly appreciate any help.

MJCP
New User

Nov 2, 2005, 4:13 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [trotter] esa tv / need help with s-video [In reply to] Can't Post

Just bought an ESA, Don't know the answer but it's been a while since you posted, If you still have the problem let me know and I'll try it on mine. (I'm not using S-vid now decided on Composite instead)

denonjapan
Veteran

Nov 2, 2005, 9:52 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [trotter] esa tv / need help with s-video [In reply to] Can't Post

Back in the days, S-video is superior connection to composite (yellow) which undetectable from an analog TV. SONY XBR's. can only tell the difference when paired with a SONY SUPER VHS PLAYER with a S-VIDEO connections in and out.......However, these scan-lines (256 x 480 resolutions )produces the highest are simply called RESOLUTIONS.

In plasma picture technology is now commonly called PIXELS which start the minimum of 640 x 480 pixels, 852 X 480 Pixels are currently classified as EDTV. you have to remember! most displays with equal specifications, they're not created equal. Surely, name brand will produce better picture than the other although you're looking at it with same specifications. The one that produces better picture has good built-in PROCESSOR / SCALAR or scaling process.

When you feed a display using S-VIDEO alone with poor scaling capability, all your videos becomes black and white especially if you still using VCR.

Now! your ESA display I beleive has 852 x 480 native pixel resolutions even greater than 640 x 480. The higher your display pixel resolution and the poorer your connections, what do you expect?....

It's quite clear that your display has poor scaling processor. therefore, only use the COMPONENT INPUT that's your fix. and give up your Player with S-VIDEO output alone.

Panasonic, Sony, mitsubishi, Nec, fujitsu, Pioneer doesn't have those black and white issues on S-VIDEO. but your sacrifice on those displays are the TAG PRICE. "You get what you paid for!

denonjapan

made in japan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)